Instagram has the Personal Touch
Instagram is the perfect platform to show your other side – unlike LinkedIn, Instagram gives your clients the opportunity to see more of who you are and not just the business side of things. Uploading interesting images will get you more followers and larger exposure. It is not hard to take a picture with your phone and upload it. You will be surprised how positively people respond to this new form of marketing.
So How Would This Work?
Heres some great examples – go behind the scenes of your business and:
- take pictures of factory staff
- show employees working
- new products being tested, developed or sold
- product launches
- a picture of a group meeting of sales/staff meeting
- take photos of staff preparing food
- anything that tweaks the users interest.
Some of these might seem odd, but it is exactly this oddness that people like.
Exposure to a New Demographic
The idea behind Instagram is simple. Take a picture and connect with other people who like that photo. Businesses can connect with people all over Australia and the world. This opens your business up to a whole new demographic. Its fast, quick and a powerful marketing platform – perfect for businesses of every size. You will be amazed at how quick you can get followers and start marketing and talking to them. See how quickly you can grow you customer base in a week!
How Does This Work?
- If you are connecting with a young audience take cool, hip images that they will understand and relate to – check the Hollister or Rip Curl Instagram profile as a great example
- Hotels can take images of guest facilities or the area around the hotel tourist might find interesting
- Airlines can take images of staff or pictures of destinations they go to – Air Asia have a great Instagram profile So do a lot of surfing and travel companies.
- Wine Companies, can take images of the grapes being picked and the fermenting process.
The list goes on and on and they images you can take are endless.
There is much more to Instagram than pretty pictures. Instagram like any other social platform, needs working on if it is to be used to it’s full potential.
All online social media networks are designed to bring people closer, so once you have started to get followers, you should begin to interact and network with them. It’s a great new way to reach out to a new customer base.
So How Do I Start Networking?
Like, comment and connect with followers and watch in turn your followers start to rise – simple as that – not much effort involved at this stage.
But to network effectively, see who is following you and see their comments. You can then begin to target these people with specific images they like. Remember, networking in this fashion requires you to be constantly involved with Instagram. I’m not saying that you have to spend hours and hours on this, but at least be active enough so that your followers are growing. You must keep active for this to happen.
Instagram is totally free and the only expense is your time. Give it a go and see the kind of results you get – you really have nothing to loose, except gain a few new client’s.