Choosing the right web design company can be the difference between success & failure – nowadays you need a full-service digital agency
1. Make sure you ask the person who will build your new website many questions
You need to find out lots about a company before trusting them to build your new website. Never be shy when it comes to asking your web builder questions. I have seen hundreds of business owners who have been ripped off in the past with their web builders who have not asked questions. They have gone into the project fully believing the builder and trusting them 110%. This is total madness and as a business owner, you should be asking questions like:
- Can I see some of your past web work – this can be easily found on their website. If you like what you see then go for it.
- What CMS platform will my website be built on – many web builders will use in house content systems – STAY WELL CLEAR OF THESE – make certain you ask this question as this is where many people get ripped off! Go with companies that will build your site using a WordPress or FREE Open Source CMS. Never ever go with in house CMS unless you want to pay hefty monthly fees.
- Ask for testimonials
- Ask if there are any monthly fees associated with the web build – any hidden fees etc. Some companies have a tendency to tack on added fees once the site has been launched.
- Will the website be mobile/responsive friendly?
2. Is the location relevant?
We have designed, developed and built new websites for businesses in Sydney as well as every capital city of Australia. I always recommend that you use a local web builder, but sometimes the fit might not be right. In any case in this modern-day and age of the phone, Skype and email, the working interstate is not an issue. If you look at the Hopping Mad portfolio, you will see our variety on the great style of work, so making the decision to let us build your new website should be a no brainer! Plus I am happy to answer any questions you might have ( even from point 1 above) to put your mind at ease about our ability.
3. Does the cost and price matter?
Websites builds can differ in price dramatically. Some companies will charge a few hundred dollars whilst others will be in the thousands. Cheaper websites often come with conditions and short cuts that will affect future web performance such as search engine optimisation and the user experience. Cheaper web build will NOT have much design time spent on the look and as a business owner this is not a good path to go down – spend that bit extra a get a web design that is tailor-made for your business. Conversely, you really don’t have to spend a small fortune on your build. Be aware of web companies that try to sell add-ons that you won’t need. I hear companies charging for stakeholder meetings that are totally uncalled for – look for the medium and go with a web company that offers value for money as well as great design – like us here at Hopping Mad Designs.
4. Is search engine optimisation important?
You want to get business and traffic through to your website, then search engine optimisation is very very important. YOU MUST engage a web design firm that has a thorough understanding of SEO and takes search engine optimisation variables (and there are many) into consideration when building your new website. Be very careful when it comes to SEO as it’s a tricky business and people often get on board with SEO companies that have no idea about what they are doing.
Hopping Mad Designs recommends highly that if you are going ahead with a new web build you should think about an SEO campaign from the outset. SEO is not cheap but a realistic marketing budget should be put aside for this. Taking the plunge and trying SEO is going to be great for your business once you see how many phone calls and online inquiries you are receiving.
I am very biased here as I believe Hopping Mad Designs does an awesome job in building websites for all businesses.
We have the design experience, web technologies and a huge portfolio of great websites we have completed PLUS testimonials ( make sure you ask me about this), to prove we can design and produce your new website. There are much cheaper solutions out there – but I seriously don’t think you should build your new website without first CALLING 02 9360 8514.