Travel Insurance Plus is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, one of the largest Underwriters of travel insurance in Australia, and part of the Allianz Group. Being backed by the experts makes all the difference when it comes travel insurance claims. It also means our customers have access to our 24/7 emergency service, provided by Allianz Global Assistance. It’s one of the largest global emergency assistance companies, so it has the size, reach and expertise to help people in need of emergency medical care. Located all around the world, and including 400,000 service providers, 240 correspondents and 37 operation centres, our customers can feel confident that with Travel Insurance Plus, they will be taken care of in times of need.
Business model & needs
We have created a low cost business that delivers market leading products, service and customer care. With the increasing shift away from traditional retail ‘bricks and mortar’ shopping, to online purchases, we believe the economic and social demographics favourable to the establishment of a successful online brand.
Hence, our retail outlet is our website, underpinned by the Travel Insurance Plus brand and e-commerce capability.
Website design, functionality and search engine optimisation is crucial to success. We defined our online needs as:
- Understandable: What is the most important piece of information on each page and is it easy to find. Our customers must easily understand the content and the associated user actions or directions.
- Actionable: Clear to the user what actions are available and what path customers need to take. These pathways need to be guided by prominent and attractive visual aids or call to action buttons.
- Engaging: We want people to find our site aesthetically pleasing, easy to navigate and provoke a willingness to engage with our content and ‘quote and buy’ function. Success will be measured by loiter time, customer exit points and sale conversion.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Critical to success is the ease in which customers locate Travel Insurance Plus. Search engine optimisation across multiple key words that rank highly is how our customers will find us.
Website Development & Search Engine Optimisation:
We conducted an industry search for an agency that met several parameters, not limited to but included:
- Combined web development and search engine optimisation capability;
- Willingness to form a partnership not conduct business at a transactional level;
- Proven portfolio of satisfied customers;
- Proven ‘ethical’ search engine optimisation success;
- Ability to demonstrate a consultative, professional and project managed development process; and
- Transparent communication.
Hopping Mad Designs
We selected Hopping Mad Designs from Sydney. They most closely met our requirements and we are pleased with the outcome.
The website design brief stage was a process of working out what we didn't want. It involved evaluating the competition and looking at what they do and hopefully doing it better. Hopping Mad Designs provided a bespoke design solution for our business. Several concepts were developed, fine tuned and then Hopping Mad Designs refined the one we thought would work best. They took on board our feedback and made us a part of the design process. The final results met our expectations and furthermore the project was delivered ahead of schedule and on budget.
Without a successful search engine optimisation (SEO) campaign, our website will be lost amongst the half a billion other travel insurance pages. Hence, we need to eventually rank on the first page of Google, Bing and Yahoo. But we have to get their in a professional and ethical manner. That is what Hopping Mad has committed to do and is delivering.
We wanted the same agency to design and develop our website and then manage our SEO to ensure our site and content are optimised, that we maximise our return on investment and provide a great customer experience.