6 SEO Questions I’m Always Asked
Being in the Web & SEO industry, when talking to people who do not have a clear understanding of SEO or design, I am always asked a heap of really good questions. Some of those are pretty relevant so I thought that I would share a few of these with those people reading this blog. It may even help answer a few questions you might have regarding SEO and its relationship with web design as well as some internet marketing pitfalls you should know exist out there.
Do you know all there is to know about SEO?
Wow, what a great question and this is the one I get asked all the time.
In short, I have been in the SEO game for well over 12 years and the web businesses for 18 years, so that makes me a kind of expert in this field, even if I do say so myself, but do I know everything about SEO? No way!
Anyone who says that they have a complete understanding and know all there is to know about SEO is having a lend of you. Cause Google are always changing their algorithm, one could say that we are forever learning and always keeping up to speed with the whole SEO industry. It’s a constant learning process, so all I can say is that while I know more than most people about SEO ( you can check out some of my great rankings I have been able to get for my clients) – there is always something new to learn.
When did you start doing SEO?
Well, I have been doing SEO since 2003. Can you believe that! Time has gone so fast and the SEO landscape has changed enormously. In fact it doesn’t even closely resemble what it used to look like. Gone are the heady days of over optimisation and keyword stuffing. Today it’s all about quality content combined with domain name authority.
Because I have seen so much happen with Google over the years I would say that our company is probably the best SEO company in Sydney to handle all your SEO needs. I have not just started this company a few years ago with a limited knowledge of SEO. I was here at the infancy of search engine optimisation and have seen the industry mature. This is a hell of a good reason why you should be considering us as your SEO partner.
Why is Your Company Better Than the other SEO Company?
I could go on about this point for ages and bore you to death, but following are some of the answers I give:
- we are SEO veterans and have helped so many businesses become successful using our proven SEO methods that we stand well above most of the other SEO agencies out there online.
- Many SEO companies will talk the talk, over promise and not perform. They are simply looking for a fast buck and are out for the kill – this is not how we operate and this is why we have one of the best SEO reputations in Sydney.
- We are also a web design agency and this means we are able to look at your SEO in conjunction with design – this means that we are able to make sure that all your web pages are fully conversion focused. That is, when someone finds your website, they are going to be more inclined to buy or make an inquiry cause they love what they see. This is critical when it comes marketing your business online. No point after all in getting the best rankings in the world if your site looks terrible.
- We are Sydney based – we have an actual office and are not some over the phone, hidden, web and SEO agency. This means that you can come in as often as you like to go over any aspect of your web marketing campaign. I have seem far too many businesses get absolutely smashed and ripped off online by using people with no physical office address – and be warned about serviced office locations as these are often a front for offshoring your web and SEO work, which is the WORST MISTAKE YOU COULD POSSIBLY MAKE.
- We have hundreds of years of combined web and SEO expertise so you benefit from our experience.
- We never design from templates and look at your internet marketing from the ground up – which is really the only way you are ever going to succeed online. Any other approach will JUST NOT WORK. You have to trust me on this. Everything that we do with your website has a SEO and conversion rate focus. Call us on 02 9360 8514 and you will see what I mean.
What is the most important factor of SEO?
Ask 5 different SEO people this question and you will most likely get 5 different answers. Like building a house, all the bricks and cement combined go in to making up the solid foundations of your walls, floors and roof. So goes the same with SEO. There are too many contributing factors to just single out one of them. But if I were pushed hard enough on this point I would have to say that content is a major player when it comes to determining your SEO ranking.
Obviously on it’s own it won’t achieve much but combine this with some really powerful back linking and you are on a winner.
Remember this point and I want to hammer the message home here so it really makes a point. NOT EVERYONE can do back linking. Sure they may say that they might be able to do this and sure they will swear to the heavens above that they are experts in this field with really powerful Aussie links. BUT in many cases this is far from the truth.
Just have a look at the Google ranking for Hopping Mad Designs. Google the words:’ web design’, graphic design’ or even ‘website design’. These are all insanely competitive, extremely hard to rank keywords and look what we have been able to achieve….PAGE 1 for each keyword.
This is a compelling reason why you should trust us that we do know what we are doing when it comes to establishing your SEO ranking and maintaining it over the long term!
Why Don’t You Offer SEO Guarantees like Everyone Else Does?
This would have to be one of the most common questions I get. People call me up and tell me that the last bloke they spoke to was willing to back up his SEO with a written guarantee.
All I can say is:
- good luck cashing in on this guarantee – these SEO guarantees are absolutely worthless and are a poor attempt to get you to sign up with them. Why? I have blogged about this so much BUT for those people reading this let me be very clear: SEO GUARANTEES are a LOAD OF RUBBISH. Google has over 400 algorithmic changes per year so how on earth can you guarantee anything when you are not in control – what a SCAM!
- these guys offering a guarantee will never honour it, especially if it comes with a money back guarantee – just try collecting on this – you will never be able to cause the small print that you over looked when signing the SEO contract is going to be the undoing of your claim.
I do not offer SEO guarantees because I am one of only a handful of legitimate SEO players out there
Are you able to work Australia wide?
We are a Sydney company but we have clients all over the country: Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and even Darwin. Distance is not an issue as you can imagine with modern technology.